Sunday, September 23, 2007

Your Voice

Persona: John Proctor to Abigail

You voice struck my heart with Cupid's arrow,
and liberated me from my lethargy.
Your voice used to to remind me of heavenly utopia,
my prior innocence, until I stole yours.
You voice is now the mold from bread,
displeasing, ugly, and sickening.
Your voice can shatter whole armies,
thundering from miles away.
Your voice cries out for the approval of the devil,
a man of eternal damnation.
Your voice is the disease that can never be cured,
a sickness that only grows until it has collided with every soul.
Your voice is a bug that creeps under my skin,
a parasite that'll continue to feed from my flesh.
Your voice has laid deceit on my bed and over my house,
an unwanted presence haunting every corner.
Your voice are the pair of scissors that cut Elizabeth and I in two,
but it'll be my voice responsible for the exposure of your lies.

No comments: