Sunday, September 23, 2007

Your Voice

Persona- Elizabeth to John


Your voice is bitter anger,
You must know I've found out the truth.
Your voice is like poison,
Sweet to the taste, slowly killing.
Your voice is the wind,
It whispers around and right through me, telling it's lies.
Your voice is a clever fox,
Calmly coaxing it's prey; full of lies.
Your voice is nails scratching against the pavement,
It's piercing drone running through my ears.
Your voice is a tennis ball flying towards the window,
In one moment, what was once whole is now broken into a million pieces.
Your voice is pain and sorrow,
Begging my forgiveness.
It is repulsing.
Your voice is an incessant buzz,
It has been heard before, and is now tuned out.
Your voice, your voice,
Reminds me of a soapy bubble,
Filled with distant memories,
You can never get back.
In an instant, it disappears,
and as I look back on your lies, I can't forgive or forget.

No comments: