Tuesday, March 4, 2008

WWXII Reactions

Writers week this year was truly out of control! It was so awesome to not only see all the performers, but to be one of them. I'd like to start out with my own experience of being on the stage because I had an amazing time! I only started to get nervous 3 or 4 days before I read, but those days were rough. On that day I didn't know what to wear, was late for 1st period, and I couldn't find my art class.(I didn't know they were in the auditorium for Writers Week!Oops!) This all happened before 5th period which was my time to read. I thought I was doomed, and on top of it, all my friends told me they were coming. You're not allowed to get called out of class...right? Well, my loyal/crazy friends found a way to come and watch me. Once I got up to the stage I sat on the couch and was asked if I was okay several times by teachers during passing periods because I looked like I was going to pass out or something. Thank god for Rosey is all I have to say. He tried calming me down by making me laugh even though he was going before me!
As soon as Rachel, the reader before me) called my name I heard my very own fan section cry out my name. I knew I'd be okay. The feelings awesome, by the way. I suggest that everyone do something like this before they leave Fremd! This was my FIRST time speaking into a microphone ever! Yet, I found comfort in my friends and with the audience. I knew everyone was so supportive of the other authors so I felt fine. I mean, yeah, I'm sure there were people bashing me the whole time but whatever. The way I see it is I had enough guts to get up there and do it! I wouldn't hear what they said, and what you don't know won't hurt you. When I started talking I even tried to get out of running during soccer...who was I turning into?!? Ahhh, I'm going to be allover WW next year because it was just THAT awesome this year!
Speaking of awesome, Billy Lombardo mesmerizing. The way he talks and tells his stories make you want to get a tape recording of him reading his own book! He's so funny, and the fact that he has son and always writes about him is cool. I love how he gets so into the stories. For example, his First Time You are Punched piece was so good because he really played the role of the son and the dad. My favorite part of that piece was the "So I tried to make a deal with the wall", the little boy butterfly kissed the wall. Plus, the fact that he had a dream and turned it into a story is really neat. When he went of to those 'rants' it was so interesting. He never got boring, my attention was on him at all times. The funny part was that I actually enjoyed taking notes on Billy Lombardo, because he was so interesting! And I hate taking notes!
Here's what really shocked me: 1)People thinking Bill Kelly was boring, 2)The raunchiness of the speed Dating: The Musical, and 3) MARC SMITH (In general). I thought Bill Kelly was really cool for taking all those questions. I mean, yeah, he might not have come with a speech of whatever, but we(the audience) had a chance to ask him anything! He wrote 3 movies!!!! He wrote 3 movies that I have seen, in theaters and at my house!!! Why didn't more people think that that was the most amazing thing ever?! How many times in your life can you really say that you met someone who wrote a movie?(My sharable Draft is totally doing to be about him!)
The Scott Woldman & Co. performance was great! We got to see a play in the making before the paying audience does!! I'm going to be honest though, I wasn't expecting that level of raunchiness!(haha). I loved it! The teacher they pulled up made it for me, and the rest of the audience I'm sure.
Finally, Marc Smith. Oh, Marc, where to begin? He never fails to amuse and surprise me. Talk about an amazing performer! The best part is that in real life he's shy! He's such a big inspiration to me because someday I'm going to be like him, just go up there and have fun. I Lover Writers Week!!!!!

No comments: