Wednesday, October 31, 2007

How to Pretend to Clean Your Room

If you have to clean your room, and your parents are like mine, you will not be allowed to go out until your room has loss its status as a "tornado." While you may enjoy the satisfaction of a spotless habitat, cleaning can take hours. There are times when you will need to fake a clean room in order to be allowed to go out with your friends. In these cases, you will first have to convince your parents that you actually want to clean your room. When they tell you that you cannot leave the house until they can see your floor, agree with them. If they believe you want to clean your room, they will not be suspicious when you emerge a half hour later, claiming you have finished.
When you pretend to clean your room, the biggest problem is finding a place to put all of your stuff. I have found that shoving clothes under my bed, between my bed and the wall, or in my closet works effectively. Sometimes my mom will open one of my drawers when she is admiring my "cleaned" room, so I do not suggest cramming every shirt you own into one drawer. After all your stuff has been concealed, you simlpy have to put the finishing touches on your room. Make your bed, straighten things on your shelves, and vacuum. Mothers love when you vacuum. At this point, tell your parents you have cleaned your room. If they come into your room to check your efforts, just pray that they will not look under your bed, at least not until you are gone.

1 comment:

Mrs. Gerber said...

Hilarious. I wish I had tried this technique when I was a teenager!